Boiler breakdowns can leave you feeling anxious and dejected. At Tyne and Wear, we operate a 24/7 service, so regardless of what time of the day it is, we are here to help. For immediate help contact us on 0191 580 2717 for a quote or via email at email@example.com. It is unlawful to use gas appliances that you believe to be unsafe. The first thing to do before an engineer comes is to turn the appliance off.
Your Boiler Has Broken Down, What Do You Do?
The first thing to do is don’t panic. It happens. If you are left with no heating or water, and your boiler is under warranty, contact your insurer and they will send over an approved engineer as soon as possible. If you are not under warranty, then you will have a costly emergency repair bill. Both of these options can be stressful, however, it is better to be under insurance and know the signs to look out for to avoid a breakdown occurring. Need boiler cover? Here at Tyne and Wear Heating, we offer a combi cash-back cover, meaning if you don’t contact us within 12 months you will receive a cashback reward. Take a look at our cover plans on our website for more information.
7 Common Signs to Look Out for if your Boiler has Broken Down
- A leakage has developed around the pipes
- Your boiler does not turn on
- Unusual banging or whistling noise
- Higher gas usage
- The pilot light or flames are not the usual blue colour (orange or yellow instead)
- The condensate pipe is frozen. During the winter, this is one of the biggest causes of boilers breaking down
- The boiler locks out and requires resetting
What Our Engineers Check at a Boiler Service
Ever wondered what a boiler service entails? Here are the common steps below to help you understand the process:
- First, we do a visual inspection to check if everything is operating correctly and search for any problems with the boiler.
- Then an engineer will remove the casing to inspect its components
- The engineer will then clean all around the boiler
This process will usually take between 30 to 40 minutes. Most traditional boilers run on gas meaning it is significant that only a Gas Safe engineer assesses your boiler, a member of our team will be able to help.
4 Useful Tips on How to Keep Warm When your Boiler Breaks Down
- Especially during the winter months, it is important to stay warm. Using an electric heater, for the time being, can be a great alternative if you can’t get an engineer to help you out straight away.
- Wear extra layers to keep yourself warm
- Use boiled water if you are unable to get hot water from your central heating system
- Eliminate draughts by closing doors and windows to keep the warm air inside
How Much is a Boiler Service?
Here at Tyne and Wear Heating, finances are an easy process. We offer five competitive finance options to lessen the cost of your new boiler. We have simple monthly payments to suit your wallet. At Tyne and Wear Heating, we provide professional boiler servicing for all models throughout the Tyne and Wear area. We also provide a combi boiler cover. Boiler services are essential to prolonging the life of your boiler. Book a boiler service today to help avoid the breakdown of your boiler.
Still, Having Problems?
Remember to stay safe and avoid touching any part of the boiler if you are unsure. If money is the issue, do not worry as we offer affordable payment options to suit your pocket such as an easy payment plan, or buy now and pay later.
To prevent your boiler from breaking down in the future, use regular boiler maintenance and get into the habit of checking your boiler pressure. It is important to have an annual boiler service even when your boiler is working correctly.
If all else fails and your boiler is still not working, get in touch with us and we can diagnose the problem.